- The application must be submitted at the embassy in person.
- Make sure that your details are up to date in the population information system. Finnish citizens can, if they wish, check their registered data in the population information system once a year. To correct and revise the data, please contact your nearest Digital and Population Data Agency.
- You have to pay the fee for a passport or an identity card when you submit the application.
- A passport and an identity card are valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- It takes from a minimum of two weeks to up to several weeks to get an ordinary passport. A fast-track passport can normally be obtained faster, but the time of delivery depends on the country of issuance. Fast-track service does not apply to identity cards.
Passports and identity cards are issued at embassies, consulates general and consulates led by a career consul. Buy Passport in Germany (Hamburg, Frankfurt am Main) and Spain (Barcelona, Malaga, Las Palmas, Palma de Mallorca, Pilar de la Horadada) can issue passports.
The missions may issue standard identity cards only, also for minors subject to the parents’ or guardians’ consent. The missions do not accept applications for special minor’s identity cards issued without the parents’ of guardians’ consent, identity cards for foreigners, or temporary identity cards.
Identity cards do not contain fingerprints.
How does it work?
You can apply for a passport at an official office or here at passportbay.com. Official applications can be done by appointment only, you pay the fees when you apply, and collect the passport at the municipal counter after 5 working days. Whereas when you order a passport or id card from Passport Bay, you get an expedited passport procession, you do not need to make an appointment to collect the document and we can deliver it to you following safety measures.